Sunday, December 14, 2008

Why can wine turn people into complete tossers?

So what is is about wine that can turn ordinary people into complete tossers? You know the ones I am referring to....the serial winetasters that follow the public in-store tastings around the suburbs every weekend, they carry their own tasting glasses and make notes in tatty old tasting books.



"Ah, a Barossa Shiraz, what is the alcohol? " If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that question before they have even tried the wine...........its not always about alcohol !



I refuse to answer this qustion directly, I now answer with my own question. " I don't know, so how do you like the wine?"



And still they go on. " ...so what is the pH of this blend?" Seriously people, how is this information going to help you enjoy your wine tasting experience?



Come on people! It's ONLY wine, a product that should not be taken too seriously. We make the wine so you can enjoy it and don't have to worry about such technical details.

I love wine clubs don't get me wrong. I think the idea that a group of people getting together to talk about and taste wine is fantastic. Education is the key to increasing peoples awareness of the wonderful world of wine and wine clubs are one avenue for wine education. BUT never loose sight of what wine is...........wine is FUN!

No comments: